Netiquette and Internet Safety
Fourth Grade - Elementary
The following are rules to guide you through effective and safe Internet use:
1. If you come to an inappropriate site, let the teacher know immediately!
2. If someone is trying to contact you, let the teacher know immediately!
3. Never give out your password to anyone for any reason!
4. Do NOT give out your home address, parents work address, or school information. This also holds true for telephone numbers. Make sure all personal information is NOT discussed over the web.
5. You should NOT use your real last name while you are on-line, especially if it is unusual.
6. Be courteous to everyone you are communicating with and respect them.
***Other rules to keep in mind*** Remember that email and other online activities such as chat rooms are not private. Do not use chat rooms unless they are recommended by the teacher. Remember to not only be safe on the internet, but also be courteous to everyone that you are communicating with.
Golden Rule: Stop right away if you see or read something on a Web site that is upsetting or offensive to you. WHEN IN DOUBT, ASK FOR HELP! It is always better to ask for assistance if you are not sure to ensure yours and other's safety while working online.
Return to Homepage
ęScott E. Engle - Rightengle.com